A forecast of “fresh to frightening” had the race committee delay the start of racing, and then every half hour extend the delay until the inevitable happened early afternoon – abandoned. Wind in bomb alley was gusting 50 knots, and a steady 30 in the marina. We had managed to go out earlier and try out the big spinnaker flying off the bow now that the sprit had been removed – it all worked fine so we are hoping our wounded state isn’t too bad.
An afternoon of beach and then big birthday dinner at the main villa took over the rest of the day. Onwards and upwards tomorrow.